My first encounter with Reishi
I first encountered the mushroom of immortality (what a cool nickname!) in LA. When I was living there I went to a Tea art show by Wu De on Melrose in Hollywood, and there were a couple of amigos outside putting drops of something under their tongues. Read More
Chaga, or Inonotus obliquus, is a medicinal mushroom, popular for its health benefits established in a form of chaga tea. Being found on birch trees in cold areas, such as Siberia and Scandinavia, traditionally it has been used as an immunity and endurance booster, or a medication for skin and respiratory disorders. Read More
Of course it’s fun and can be very nourishing to eat the exotic imported foods, and I do. I love making cacao (Ecuador) smoothies and simmering up a chaga (Scottish) tea or relaxing with a Reishi tincture (China)… But as a base way of connecting deeply with where you are right now, local food is one of the best ways. Read More
1) The combination of hemp and pea creates a well balanced amino-acid profile which is one of the main reasons we drink a protein shake
2) Hemp and pea protein are well studied and their benefits evident (see reference on this post)
3) A total of ZERO cows were used or harmed in the process of making it. Read More
So, Why choose organic coffee?
• Organic coffee has higher levels of antioxidants than non-organic coffee, and may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. Read More
• Organic coffee farming does not use pesticides (or if any they would be organic), therefore reducing the risk of possible pesticide-related illnesses, such as acute poisoning and various forms of cancer.
• Organic coffee farming also helps in conserving land and water resources and biodiversity.